The Inter-University Institute for Data-Intensive Astronomy (IDIA) seeks to appoint an Administrator and project officer supporting its Development and Outreach programme. In addition, it is a fixed-term offer for three years.
Role Clarification & Key Performance Areas
- Provide administrative, executive and logistical support to the IDIA Associate Director for Development and Outreach;
- Provide academic administration in support of IDIA staff and students enrolled at the University of the Western Cape (UWC);
- Work with the Associate Director, Development and Outreach in the implementation and maintenance of programmes and partnerships building;
- Manage financial affairs for IDIA at UWC and liaise with the IDIA administrative manager at the University of Cape Town (UCT);
- Provide project management for the IDIA Hackathon programme and the BRICS Intelligent Telescope and Data Network, of which IDIA is a co-principal investigator; and
- Possess excellent organising and communications skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification at NQF level 7;
- Experience in the development of websites and associated tools for managing web content;
- Experience with social media;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Relevant project management experience; and
- Relevant administrative experience.
- Partnership building and skills in working with people with diverse backgrounds
- Some knowledge of Astronomy or experience with data-intensive projects
The recruiter encourages applicants to highlight their strengths and includes anything else they feel may be pertinent to the selection panel in your application. In addition, kindly attach a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and the highest qualification to your online profile.
Additionally, you can contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/9763/9708/3551/3756 or via email for any queries.
Equity Disclaimer: The University will give preference to suitably qualified applicants in line with the Employment Targets of the University. Furthermore, the University reserves the right not to make an appointment, make an appointment at a different level. Likewise, it reserves the right to seek additional candidates, and conduct competency assessments.
Please follow this link to apply for the position.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.