The East African branch of the Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) is organising a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC).
The course is titled “Transform pixels into powerful insights”. This course is for anyone who wants to learn more about the many uses of imagery, the many types of imagery, and the rapidly growing integration of imagery with Geographic Information System (GIS).
This course will allow interested persons to explore cutting-edge imagery applications and advanced tools to extract information from imagery and remotely sensed data. The course exercises will guide interested persons to tackle essential imagery workflows using the latest ArcGIS desktop and cloud-based apps.
The course will last for six weeks (2-3 hours of study per week) and will commence on the 11th of August 2021. The training is free.
- Discover the large collection of ready-to-use imagery data available in ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World and put it to use in course projects.
- Apply dynamic raster processing functions and powerful techniques to enhance visualization and understanding.
- Perform real-world analyses to extract meaning, monitor change over time, and create location-based information from imagery using ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
- Create and share 2D and 3D imagery-derived products to communicate analysis results and enable decision-makers to take action.
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing (required).
- Familiarity with GIS and ArcGIS will be helpful (not required).
Esri provides free access to ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Image Analyst software during the course. To complete course exercises, you must use a machine that meets the ArcGIS Pro system requirements.
A broadband Internet connection and a web browser that allows access to PDF files and embedded video files are required. The organisers recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.