There is a vacancy for an Inventory controller at the EMSS Antennas production facility at Somerset West. EMSS Antennas prides itself as a creative and innovative engineering company operating in Stellenbosch, in South Africa.
EMSS Antenna is a subsidiary of the Alphawave group with a world-class team that designs and manufacture state-of-the-earth receiver systems for the world’s most powerful telescope, the MeerKAT, which is the global standard for telescope in its class. EMSS Antenna is also involved with other projects like the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) and constantly develops and add to our production line.
- To establish and maintain the inventory control function at the production facility.
Ensure that the incoming goods are receipted and managed appropriately according to the company’s procedure
- Ensure that stock is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business
- Ensure that all inventory documentation is sent to or received by the appropriate individual or department
- Ensure that materials (kits) are available for production when required
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the stock management system through all ad hoc cycle counts and periodic stocktakes.
- Matric or equivalent qualification
- Experience with inventory control would be an added advantage
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 certified production facility.
How to apply
- Send a comprehensive VC including academic results and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date for applications: April 27, 2021
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Competitive, market-related salary
- Other added benefits
Candidate profile description
- Punctuality and dependability
- Adaptability and assertiveness
- Eagerness to take ownership and be accountable
- Competent in problem-solving, detailed planning and decision-making
- Well organised and must be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with management and staffs on all levels
- Must continuously seek new knowledge and be proactive
The following skills are required from our ideal candidate.
- Basic mathematical skill and exceptional attention to details
- Computer literacy – proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and (Powerpoint)
- High accuracy and thoroughness
HR Administrator – Carol Stuart