EMSS Antennas is hiring a Quality Assurance Manager at the company’s production facility in Somerset West. Furthermore, EMSS Antennas prides itself as a creative and innovative engineering company operating in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
EMSS Antennas, a subsidiary of the Alphawave group, has a world-class team that designs and builds state of the art receivers for the world’s most powerful radio telescopes, such as MeerKAT, the current global standard for telescopes in its class. Also, EMSS antennas are intricately involved in international projects like the Square Kilometre Array.
Key outcomes and responsibilities
- Monitoring all operations that affect the quality of products;
- Preserve our reputation by ensuring the quality of our products and services;
- To oversee and maintain the integrity of the QMS to ensure continuous ISO 9001 certification;
- To oversee, partake in, and perform audits and reviews (internal and external);
- Managing the performance and development of the quality assurance team;
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures;
- Review and approval/release of design and build documentation;
- Establishing QA related strategies to improve efficiency and profitability at the facility, including developing and implementing quality control procedures, policies, and standards for the company to follow;
- Responsible for the training of all staff on quality-related processes and policies;
- Management of customer complaints/feedback relating to quality issues;
- Control of all internal and external non-conformances, including trend analysis and corrective actions;
- Selection and continuous evaluation of suppliers and subcontractors; and
- To continuously collaborate with all stakeholders, including management, finance, admin and technical staff, to analyse and improve quality assurance related systems and processes.
Qualifications and experience required
- Degree or three-year diploma in electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Applicable quality management qualification;
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a quality manager or related position in the electronic engineering environment;
- Proven experience performing inspections, in particular PCB, PCBA, mechanics, looms, in-process (sub-assembly and assembly), and out-going inspections;
- Extensive experience with IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 (or equivalent);
- Experience working in a high value/low volume production environment;
- Comprehensive knowledge working within an MRP/ERP environment;
- Experience with implementing and maintaining an ISO 9001 certified QMS; and
- Proven experience in achieving the critical outcomes listed above
Kindly check here to apply for this position.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.