The Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) has extended its deadline for interested individuals to apply for its voluntary web and data team co-lead position. The successful individual, alongside the current web and data team lead, will coordinate the web and data team and maintain SGAC’s web capability activities.
- Lead, direct, and guide the activities of the web and data team, monitoring and coordinating the response to emails and requests regarding web and data issues on time;
- Assign tasks to the team members and following up on requests;
- Assist in the development of new capabilities on our website;
- Help liaise with all the team members across SGAC to support their events, projects or goals through our website and web applications;
- Work closely and communicate with all relevant SGAC teams and members regarding data capture, analysis, maintenance and protection to support the data flow and storage throughout the entire SGAC organisation;
- Be the focal point for the SGAC server host on the management of the website server;
- Identify areas of improvement throughout the SGAC web infrastructure;
- Support the SGAC performance evaluation (such as KPI) to support understanding and decision-making with SGAC;
- Ensure industry standards in data security and protection are maintained throughout the organisation;
- Work with the operations officer to ensure that SGAC maintains compliance with relevant data protection and privacy policies and legislations;
- Coordinate with the Operations Officer to ensure that Web & Data Team activities are appropriately reported to the SGAC executive committee;
- Support the work of the Operations Officer in establishing fact-based common strategies, practices and procedures across all the SGAC activities and teams;
Estimated Time Commitment
Successful individuals are expected to commit ten hours a week on average.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and 33 years of age or less at the moment of the application;
- Interest in the space sector;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work;
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork experience;
- Strong management capabilities;
- Professional fluency (speaking, reading, and writing) in English;
- High degree of self-organisation and initiative;
- Ability to give and take constructive criticism/ suggestions respectfully;
- Cross-cultural and communication awareness: The ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds;
- Experience with data management and databases;
- Experience with WordPress CMS (Content Management Systems), themes, and plugins are essential;
- Experience with Google Workspace and Google Marketing Platform (Analytics, Data Studio);
- Familiarity with Linux servers and server management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives; and
- Customer service mentality.
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world;
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career;
- Shaping the strategies, practices and procedures of an international organisation;
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage; and
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation.
- This is a two-year voluntary role with no monetary compensation; and
- Selected candidate will be able to arrange with the co-lead for downtime from the position during exams, vacations or time for other personal needs.
- Applications Open: 1 April 2023;
- Applications Close: 15 May 2023; and
- Announcement of Successful Applicant: mid to end May 2023.
How to Apply
Interested individuals must complete the vacancy application form by 15 May 2023 with the following documents as attachments:
- A letter of intent (maximum a page);
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages); and
- Three past experiences and how they prepared you for this role (maximum a page).
For more information, click here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.