Digital Earth Africa is hiring an executive assistant for the new Africa-based Program Management Office (PMO) in Gauteng, Pretoria. The position is a 12 Months fixed-term performance-based contract. The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Director (MD) and be responsible for the effective management of the Office of the DE Africa MD and provide administrative and secretarial support to the DE Africa MD.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing and maintaining the MD’s schedule, including diary management, organising meetings, tracking and monitoring email correspondence to the MD;
- Taking minutes in meetings;
- Making travel arrangements for the MD;
- Preparing invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software;
- Coordinating and directing office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping;
- Reviewing submissions to the MD’s office for compliance, such as the inclusion of all supporting documents; and
- Answering phone calls and directing calls to appropriate parties and/or taking messages on behalf of the MD.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum National Diploma in Office Management or equivalent related qualification (National Qualification Framework Level 6);
- 3 to 5 years’ secretarial and administrative experience at a senior / top management level;
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology;
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction;
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos;
- Moderate knowledge of MS Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Moderate);
- Working knowledge of Google G-suite;
- Ability to write simple correspondence; and
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organisation.
How to Apply
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, DE Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment. DE Africa also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Candidates will receive preference under this.
Applications will close on 25 March 2022; submit your detailed CV and Cover letter here if you’re interested and meet the requirements. DE Africa will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Consequently, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not get feedback after four weeks.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.