Who may nominate?
- Members of the Industry Relations Committee
- Industry Organization IAF Member
- IAF Officers (President, Vice Presidents, Executive Director)
Who can be nominated?
The IAF Excellence in Industry Award will call for nominations annually but will be given only when nominations of exceptional merit are received. Open worldwide to IAF Members and non-IAF Members organizations.
This Award will be granted to an industry organization and is not intended to recognize an individual in the organization. The IAF will invite the CEO of the industry organization awardee to attend the IAC to receive the IAF Excellence in Industry Award.
Only one application per industry organization will be accepted per year. An industry member organization may self-apply or be nominated by any other industry member organization. Nominations not accepted in a given year may be rolled over to next year.
Nomination package shall contain:
- A citation of industry contribution to the growth of the global space industry
- Landmark achievements in innovative space technologies and missions
- Noteworthy accomplishments in successfully executing major space events
The IAF Excellence in Industry Award nominations will be reviewed by the IRC Award Subcommittee who will then make a recommendation for the recipient to the IAF Honors and Awards Committee and the IAF Bureau during the IAF Spring Meetings. The final decision rests with the IAF Bureau.
The award consists of a statue and a certificate which will be presented to the CEO or senior executive officer of the awarded organization. The executive will be invited to the IAC of the year of induction (free of charge).
The awardee should be an Industry organization recognized across global space community for outstanding and sustainable advancements in commercial and civil space, showing the following merits :
- Industry organization is distinguished as the leader in developing and executing landmark commercial and civil space missions;
- The organization is an industry role model for collaboration and cooperation in the global space industry workforce;
- Senior leadership and organization’s workforce exemplify the commitment to diversity;
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of commitment to the highest standard of excellence in mission planning and execution;
- Recognition of exemplary mission performance across global space industry;
Nomination documents must be received by IAF Secretariat by February 19, 2021, 23:59 CET, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If email is not available, the reference can be sent by postal mail to:
2021 IAF Excellence in Industry Award
100 Avenue de Suffren
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.