Who may nominate?
The call for nominations for the IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award is addressed to IAF member organizations. For each organization, one application per category will be accepted per year. In addition to nominations for other IAF member organizations and teams/projects, any IAF member organization and team/project within IAF member organizations in good standing may also self-apply for this award.
Who can be nominated?
IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award nominations are addressed to organizations (Category A) AND/OR teams/projects (Category B) that have made outstanding contributions to the fostering of “3G” (Geography, Generation, Gender) Diversity within the space sector. Only IAF member organizations in good standing and individual teams/projects within IAF members organizations in good standing shall be eligible to receive the award.
- Activities to recruit, retain, and professionally develop individuals who increase the “3G” diversity of the workforce
- Senior leadership in an organization or team/project exemplifies commitment to diversity
- Activities to create leadership teams that promote a diverse and inclusive culture
- Sponsorship, implementation or active promotion of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of “3G” diversity and inclusion
- Recognition of exemplary individual and team behaviours that promote diversity and inclusion
- Innovative approaches, which have resulted in a step up from business as usual
- Level of active engagement of the organization/team within the IAF, specifically in support of promoting and fostering 3G diversity within IAF (e.g. number of diverse committee members, authors, participants in IACs, etc.).
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of emerging or sustained commitment to the values of “3G” diversity by documented efforts that are above and beyond routine expectations.
- Evidence of exceptional efforts to promote a working environment that is free from bias and discrimination.
- Substantiation of the contribution that an organization/team has made towards advancing “3G” diversity.
Nomination package shall contain:
- Category of nomination (Specify Category A or B)
- A citation of the contribution to “3G” Diversity (one sentence);
- A summary description of the organization’s or team’s outstanding contribution in the respective (at least 2) diversity aspects (geography, generation and gender); eventual contributions to additional aspects of diversity shall also be mentioned and will be considered.
Applications not accepted in a given year may be rolled over to next year.
The IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award recipient(s) will be selected by the IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award Subcommittee who will review the nominations/applications and make a recommendation for the recipient to the IAF Honours and Awards Committee and the IAF Bureau during the IAF Spring Meetings in March 2021. The final decision rests with the IAF Bureau.
The award consists of a statue and a certificate which will be presented to an official representative of the awarded organization during the annual IAF IDEA “3G” Diversity Luncheon at the IAC. The awarded organization will be given a speaking opportunity at this event.
Nomination/application documents must be received by IAF Secretariat by the 19 February 2021, 23:59 CET (Paris time), preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: 2021 IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award).
If email is not available, the reference can be sent by postal mail to:
2021 IAF Excellence in “3G” Diversity Award
100 Avenue de Suffren
For questions and enquiry, contact email@example.com.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.