The NewSpace Africa Startup Pitch Competition is an opportunity for African early-stage NewSpace startups whose innovations are ready for the market or already making a difference in the market to pitch their business to key stakeholders in the industry including investors and potentially raise funding. The judges will review all applications and select the finalists that will compete in the live event during the NewSpace Africa Conference 2022 in Nairobi, Kenya. The judges will provide useful feedback on the teams’ business models and share insight on what investors typically look out for. The competition is open to all segments of the African space and satellite industries including SatCom, EO, manufacturing, astronomy, navigation and positioning, etc.
To be eligible for this pitch competition, your startup must be:
- Fully incorporated and registered in Africa
- Have a staff of at least two people dedicating at least 50% of their time to the company’s projects and growth, thus the participating team should have at least two people.
- The competition is open only to early-stage newspace startups (both upstream and downstream)
- The shortlisted companies must be present to participate in the live competition at the NewSpace Africa Conference 2022 in Nairobi, Kenya. Selected companies are responsible for the cost of their travel, accommodation and other related expenses.
Pitch deck, the team, product and services, business model, competitive positioning, and tractions. These are the criteria that would be used for both the preliminary judging of the pitch decks and in the competition’s final round at the conference.
- All finalist teams will receive a free registration pass to the NewSpace Africa Conference.
- All finalists will receive access to business coaching and a pool of investors.
- All finalists will receive a promotional feature on Space in Africa.
- The winning startup will receive a non-equity grant of USD 2,500 and the attention of the international press and key stakeholders in the industry.
- 7 March 2022 – Application opens
25 March 202230 March 2022 – Application closes
- 1 April 2022 – Finalists announced
- 26 April 2022 – Live Pitch Competition
How to submit entries
Interested startups should use the link below to submit their 5-10 pages pitch deck. Participating companies will be evaluated based on the quality of their pitch deck and the viability of their business plan. Judges will shortlist five finalists who will be invited to participate in the final pitch competition at the Conference. Only pitch decks submitted through the online application portal will be reviewed. Submissions via email will not be considered. By submitting your pitch deck, you agree that it can be shared with the NewSpace Africa Conference 2022 organizing team members, investors and judges.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.