The Ethiopian Space Science and Technology Institute (ESSTI) would like to announce applications to the following regular MSc and PhD programmes that candidates can apply to within the highlighted thematic areas.
- MSc and PhD degree in Remote Sensing;
- MSc and PhD in Space Science;
- Aeronomy (Ionospheric Physics) and Geomagnetism, Heliophysics and Plasma Physics, Atmospheric and Climate Science, and Coupling of the lower Atmosphere-Ionospheremagnetosphere (AIM).
- MSc and PhD degree in Astronomy and Astrophysics;
- Extragalactic Astronomy, Stellar Astronomy, Cosmology, Solar Astrophysics, and Planetary Science. Under each of the thematic areas, Machine Learning and Data Science in Astronomy, Optical, Infrared and Radio Astronomy will also be given; and
- PhD degree in Geodesy
- Space Geodesy, Geometric Geodesy, and Geodetic Astronomy.
Duration of the Programs
- The PhD program will run for four years, while the MSc program will run for two years.
- PhD applicants must have an MSc degree from a recognised college or university with a minimum CGPA of 3.25, and Msc applicants must have a BSc degree from a reputable college or university with a CGPA not less than 3.00;
- The MSc thesis result of the PhD applicant should be decent, or if it is a good result, the applicant should have an article published in reputable journals;
- Applicants to the PhD program should write a synopsis that is not more than five pages;
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the English language and basic computer knowledge, and at least one computer programming skill; and
- Applicants need to meet the general requirements laid down by the institute.
Requirements for Applications
- Application cover letter containing applicant’s full name as it appears on applicant’s ID/Passport, full contact details (residential and postal address, email address and telephone number);
- A copy of ID/Passport;
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Two copies of degrees and transcript from previous university/college;
- Authenticated copies of an official transcript from previous university/college;
- Motivation letter describing the candidate’s interest to join the program (not more than 500 words);
- Sponsorship letter from their institution/organisation; and
- Two letters of recommendation from their instructors/supervisors.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- In-Person: At the new office of the institute, the Registrar’s office on the 6th floor of the FIKIR PLAZA Building; or
- Online Application: An electronic copy of the application documents in a single PDF format should be submitted to the postgraduate office, ESSTI, email: email@example.com;
- Application Date: From 9 August 2021 to 5 September 2021;
- Application Deadline: 5th September 2021;
- The entrance exam date will be posted on the institute website and/or notice board.
Check here for further information, or you can call +251-118-72-02-98/+251-118-3324-74.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.