The IGAD’s Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC), in collaboration with its partners, are organising the 63rd Greater Horn of Africa Climate Outlook Forum (GHACOF 63) for the March to May (MAM) 2023 season. It is part of the IGAD’s Regional Strategy for Mainstreaming Climate Services in Key Socio-Economic Sectors for Sustainable Development. The theme of this forum is “Early Warning for Crisis Management”.
The event will be held in a hybrid format, physically in Nairobi, Kenya, and via Zoom for the virtual delegates on the 22nd of February. Furthermore, the working language for the forum will be English.
GHACOF63 will bring climate scientists, researchers, users from vital socio-economic sectors, governmental and non-governmental organisations, development partners, decision-makers, media, and civil society stakeholders. The forum will be preceded by the climate prediction development workshop organised at ICPAC on 14-18 February 2023 and by co-production workshops with critical sectors (agriculture, water, energy, health, livestock, and disaster risk management) from 20-21st February 2023.
The main objectives of the forum will be:
- Reflect on the performance and impacts of the October to December (OND) 2022 season;
- Present the consolidated objective regional climate outlook for the MAM 2023 season;
- Discuss the implications of the MAM 2023 climate forecast and management strategies;
- Provide a regional interaction platform for decision-makers, climate scientists, research scientists, users of climate information, development partners; and
- Release the outcomes of the forum and the GHACOF 63 statement.
Interested participants, mainly from relevant socio-economic sectors, development partners, end users of climate services, academia, researchers, climate information providers and humanitarian agencies, should apply here.
For more information, please visit here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.