The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is in need of an IT Technician who will provide general ICT support and network infrastructure administration for the Space Science Programme and Hermanus Facility.
This will include but is not limited to the following duties:
- Setup and maintenance of projection and audio systems
- Install and configure desktop/laptop/network systems used by SANSA
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and repair desktop/laptop/network hardware and peripherals used by SANSA
- Responsible for maintenance in the Server Rooms
- Log and register call to a ticket system to create tickets and to reflect a turnaround time
- Provide remote support to off-site users as well as first-line telephone support to users on software and network-related problems.
- Compile and submit monthly reports on administration tasks such as backup, antivirus, common problems to ICT manager
- Identify and install appropriate firmware, network software and system updates
- Monitor the performance of the network on a continuous basis
- Monitor for virus outbreaks, update antivirus server
- Monitor the backup system and change when applicable
- Procurement Administration for all ICT equipment required by the Space Science programme and Hermanus facility
- Provide ICT support services to events as required e.g. ICT logical support to conferences, open days, etc.
- Support Space weather group with installations and training to clients
- Provide any other identified project-related IT support required
The ideal candidate will have:
- National Certificate in Information Technology – NQF level 5, or National Diploma in Information Technology – NQF level 5
- At least three to four years’ relevant work experience in network infrastructure and security, and administration.
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of:
- Outlook software
- Enterprise Antivirus software systems such as ESET / Kaspersky
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Network Switch Management
- Backup Procedures
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Win10, Server 2008R2 or newer)
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Please NOTE that it is a requirement that the incumbent lives in the Hermanus area, not more than 20 km from the SANSA site, and this requirement will form part of the contract of employment.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 23 March 2020.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.