The South African National Space Agency has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy.
The SANSA Space Operations Directorate in Hartebeesthoek has a vacancy for a SHEQ-L Manager to be filled by an individual with relevant skills, competencies, and qualifications.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the candidate will maintain ISO 9001:2015 (Quality), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental) and ISO 45001:2018 (Health and Safety) Compliances and Standards, ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness. Manage divisional Health, Safety, Quality, and Logistics.
The ideal candidate will:
- Manage the SHEQ and Logistics office
- People management
- Maintain relevant ISO standards for certification
- Maintain SHEQ/Logistics Policies, Procedures and ensuring that:
- Implementation and monitor of SHEQ Management System inclusive of strategy, risk, and compliance are implemented and maintained.
- Manage, maintain and ensure compliance to ISO standards and regulations at the division to ensure certification is maintained
- Maintaining the Directorate legal register
- Maintain risk register and conduct risk assessments.
- Identify and assess risks
- Provide and implement risk remedial interventions
- Identify and implement Best Practices within Risk and Compliance
- Ensure auditability of all processes
- Assess training needs and develop programs to address health, safety, risk and compliance gaps.
- Conduct New Employee Awareness training on SHEQ, Risk, and Compliance.
- Communicate all SHEQ and Logistics principles and standards.
- Provide and monitor that all Personal Protective Equipment is managed effectively
- Maintain and ensure employee’s health and safety for the division.
- Coordinate and manage Medical Examinations and injuries on duties where required
- Communicate all Health and Safety principles and standards
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years Diploma or Degree in Health, Safety, Quality, and Environment.
- Engineering qualifications will also be considered.
- SAMTRAC Certificate or similar.
- Implementation courses on (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018) certificates will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related industry as SHEQ Manager.
- Accreditation, knowledge, and experience in ISO 9001/14001/45001 is essential.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ related legislations and company – standards.
- Computer literate (MS Office, Inventory software, Legal compliance software, vehicle tracking system, and SAGE)
- A valid drivers’ license
Background verification, including criminal record, medical checks, credit checks, security clearances, qualification, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV and apply on https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing Date: 20 March 2020
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.