Iziko Museums of South Africa are African museums of excellence that empower and
inspire all people to celebrate and respect our diverse heritage. Iziko Museums of South Africa seeks to appoint a motivated employee in the following position:
- Relevant Postgraduate qualification (Natural Science/Engineering/Computer
- At least five years’ experience in museum and/or astronomy or science environment with at least three years at the management level
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite
- Proof required of valid driver’s licence.
- To manage staff who are responsible for facilitating and presenting planetarium presentations, shows, lectures and workshops for learners, educators and the public
- Provide guidance and input relating to Astronomy
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting
- Compile and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Planetarium and audio-visual activities to the Director Education
- Manage the procurement processes linked to the implementation of planetarium programmes and full-dome shows
- Liaise with the Collections & Digitisation department about the generation of content for the educational planetarium programmes
- Liaise with the Advancement Department about the generation of content for marketing and audience development
- Ensure implementation of appropriate business practices occur within the Planetarium and Digital Dome
- Contribute to risk management and alert the Director of Education of any areas of potential risk that require mitigation.
- Strategic management
- People management
- Project management
- Financial management and administration
- Risk management
- Stakeholder focus
- Museological knowledge
- Understanding the Curriculum Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS)
- Ability to research and produce educational resources.
BASIC SALARY AND BENEFITS
Basic Salary Range: R359 604 – R486 552 per annum, plus benefits. Iziko benefits comprise generous contributions towards a designated retirement fund (compulsory), a designated medical aid (voluntary) and a housing subsidy (voluntary). Other employment conditions such as working hours and leave entitlement are also generous.
A letter of application including a detailed CV with at least two contactable referees and certified copies of an identity document and certificates must be forwarded to the Executive Director Operations, PO Box 61, Cape Town 8000 or delivered to the HR Department at Iziko SA National Gallery Annexe, St Johns Road, Cape Town. Applications that are e-mailed or faxed will not be accepted. Applications not received at the above address by 17h00 on the closing date on Friday, 14 February 2020 will not be considered.
Inquiries are to be directed to the Executive Director Operations, Mrs. Denise Crous, at 021 481 3944.
Kindly note, Iziko will correspond only with short-listed candidates and will do so within two months from the closing date.
Iziko is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a diverse workforce.
Preference will be given to candidates who promote representivity within Iziko in terms of the Employment Equity Act. Iziko reserves the right not to fill the advertised position.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.