The International Astronautical Federation (IAF) is pleased to announce its 2021 Emerging Space Leaders (ESL) Grant Programme that provides opportunities for students and young professionals to participate in the annual International Astronautical Congress.
Students and Young Professionals between the ages of 21 and 35 on 1 January 2021 with space-related career interests are encouraged to apply for the programme. Up to twenty-five students and young professionals will be selected by the IAF to participate in the 2021 programme.
Who should consider applying for IAF Emerging Space Leaders?
- Individuals who interested in pursuing careers involving the development, application and use of space systems, space science research, the policy, legal, social and cultural aspects of space activities, international cooperation on space programmes and other similar subjects.
- Persons who – for financial, sponsorship or other reasons – would not otherwise be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
Note: Candidates may apply regardless of their home country or current residence. While all applications will be considered, through this programme the IAF seeks to encourage the participation of young people in nations with emerging space capabilities and interests who would otherwise not be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
- Young people who wish to meet and interact with other colleagues from around the world with similar interests.
- Individuals who hope to utilize the knowledge and experiences they gain during the IAC in their own careers and in enhancing space and related activities in their home countries.
What does the grant include?
- Round trip airfare between the candidate’s home/residence country and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Support (in kind-services or funding) for local transportation, lodging and meals during the candidate’s stay in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Assistance with visa arrangements provided by the IAC Local Organizing Committee and the Government of United Arab Emirates;
- Registration to the 72nd International Astronautical Congress as well as the Space Generation Congress or the 2021 UN/IAF Workshop.
- Mentors will provide advice on presentations at the IAC and on activities before and during the IAC to help grant recipients benefit fully from the Congress and related meetings and meet with the grant recipients during the IAC.
To start your ESL application, click here. The application deadline is February 12, 2021, 15:00 (Paris Time/UTC +1:00).
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.