The University of Cape Town (UCT) Department of Astronomy is pleased to announce 5 undergraduate and Honours bursaries for 2020 funded by the South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) to study Astronomy/Astrophysics at UCT. The breakdown is as follows:
South African students who have achieved either:
- excellent matric results in physical science and mathematics and who have applied to study Astrophysics at UCT
- a minimum of 60% overall average for their 2019 coursework and who are doing Astrophysics as one of their majors or applying to the NASSP Honours programme.
It is expected that bursary-holders will show an interest in postgraduate studies in radio astronomy.
Preference will be given to students from designated groups in line with the SARAO Human Capital Transformation Policy.
Please read the bursary terms and conditions here.
Please submit the following documents via email to Mrs. Roslyn Daniels (Roslyn.Daniels@uct.ac.za) by Monday 27 January 2020
For 1st, 2nd and 3rd years:
1) Completed online application form (request online link from Mrs. Roslyn Daniels)
2) Scanned copy of an official academic transcript
3) Letter of motivation, written by you, outlining: your reasons for studying astronomy/astrophysics and where you see your undergraduate studies taking you after your BSc degree?
For Honours: (Must already have applied for the NASSP programme.)
1) Completed online application form (request online link from Mrs Roslyn Daniels)
2) Letter of motivation, written by you, outlining: your reasons for studying astronomy and where you see yourself heading after your Honours degree.
For further information, click here.