The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is looking to hire an Electronics Engineering Service Trainee for a 24-month contract in Hartebeesthoek, Gauteng. The opportunity is open to individuals with the relevant skills, drive, and qualifications who put the nation’s interests first, have a commercial mindset, think like SANSA’s customers, and are knowledge-driven and people-centric.
- Operate, maintain, and monitor antenna systems, Radio Frequency (RF), electronic, telecommunications and computer hardware or software systems and equipment associated with satellite ground station operations.
- Participate in rendering specialised Tracking, Telemetry & Command (TT&C) launch support services to SLVs (Satellite launch vehicles) Transfer-Orbit Support (TOS), Launch and Early-Orbit Phase (LEOP), Emergency, In-Orbit Test (IOT) services, routine life-cycle support operations, etc.
- To conduct routine preventative and first-line reactive maintenance to SANSA-owned or stakeholder or customer-owned systems, equipment and infrastructure.
- To participate in ad-hoc project work and the opportunity to work on or add value to existing or new projects, systems, and processes.
- S3/S4 Electronic Engineering qualification with good academic results specialising in Telecommunications.
- Be in the final year of studies and in search of P1 and P2 in-service training to complete the qualification.
- Satellite Technology coursework.
- Understanding of microwave principles, applications, and telecommunications.
- Proficient in the English language and good communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to use both hands and have good vision.
- Applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and reliable transport to and from work due to the remote location of the place of work
By applying, the applicant consents to SANSA collecting their personal information for verification, assessment and employment purposes only. Moreover, background verification may form part of the selection process, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, citizenship checks, competency assessment, and psychometric testing.
How to apply
To apply, please click here and upload a detailed CV.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.