The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is currently hiring a Communications Officer for a 2-year contract position.
The incumbent will be responsible for communication using various platforms to both internal and external stakeholders in a manner that reaches the target audience. This is done to keep internal and external stakeholders informed and up-to-date about events and news relating to SANSA. The Communications Officer will mainly responsible for all communications related to the SANSA Space Weather Project, and will be a member of the Space Weather Project team. The incumbent MUST be based in Hermanus in the Western Cape.
This will include duties as follow:
- Internal Communication
- External Communication
- Events and key stakeholder engagement
- PR & Media
- Advertising and brand development
- Content development and management of digital media platforms (websites, newsletters, design and social media)
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree/diploma in Communication Science or specialisation in media/communications
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in science communication.
- Knowledge of design software, CMS such as WordPress as well as MS Office.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Photography and videography skills are an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in all fields of Public Relations and Communication
- Ability to share information across all platforms and cultural boundaries
- Ability to absorb highly complex information and translate in an easy manner to a general audience
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 27 November 2020
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.