On June 18, 2021, the Atlantic International Research (AIR) Centre will host a webinar with the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) to support the United Nations Programme on Space Applications. SGAC is a global non-governmental, non-profit organization representing university students and young space professionals to the United Nations, space agencies, industry, and academia.
SGAC has a clear purpose of connecting, inspiring, engaging and advocating; it raises awareness among the next generation of space professionals globally. The SGAC network currently represents over 15,000 members across 150 countries, it’s the world’s largest network of students, young professionals and alumni in the space industry.
SGAC’s core purpose is to be the voice of the “Space Generation” to the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and other international organizations through its Observer Status within the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (UNCOPUOS).
The Commercial Space Project Group (CSPG) of SGAC researches developing space economies and their enabling factors, holds idea acceleration programs and partners with commercial companies for capacity-building projects. It counts with circa 60 volunteering groups worldwide.
AIR Centre had conducted several networking sessions with a diverse pool of speakers, charismatic moderators, interactive discussions, and thousands of proactive attendees from governments, academia, multilateral organizations, companies, entrepreneurship, and civil societies from more than 100 countries worldwide. The AIR Centre’s Networking Fridays will continue in the following months, every Friday at 1:00 PM UTC.
- 1:00 PM – Opening, João Bentes, AIR Centre.
- 1:05 PM – Welcome and speaker introductions by the moderator, Andrew Kurzrok, Co-Lead for the Commercial Space Project Group (CSPG).
- 1:10 PM – The Space Generation Advisory Council: Overview of a worldwide organization for the next generation of space leaders by Davide Petrillo, Executive Director of the SGAC.
- 1:30 PM – The Commercial Space Project Group: Overview of the activities carried out by the group focusing on space assets and entrepreneurial endeavours by Andrew Kurzrok.
- 1:50 PM – Space Faring Africa initiative: Identifying key factors that attract investment and evaluating the business readiness level within the African space ecosystem by Imane El Khantouti, Project Manager of the Space Faring Africa initiative, CSPG.
- 2:10 PM – Pre-Accelerator initiative: Pushing novel space business and technical ideas for today’s and tomorrow’s problems within SGAC while capacitating our members to thrive within acceleration schemes by Alina Vizireanu & Harlee Quizzagan, Project Managers of the Pre-Accelerator initiative, CSPG.
- 2:30 PM – Q&A, moderated by Andrew Kurzrok.
- 2:55 PM – Closing remarks by Andrew Kurzrok, Davide Petrillo & João Bentes.
- 3:00 PM – End of the Webinar.
- General SGAC-related info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CSPG and project-related info: email@example.com
- CSPG webpage
- CSPG Facebook
To register for this event, kindly click here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.