AAC Clyde Space, a leading NewSpace company that specialises in small satellite technologies and services, is looking to recruit an FPGA Software Defined Radio (SDR) Engineer to join its Space Africa team in its facility in Cape Town, South Africa. In line with AAC Clyde Space’s expansion plan, the incumbent will assist the AAC Space Africa team in developing, testing and deploying AAC’s world-class satellite technology of custom hardware and software for space and terrestrial-based RF communications systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Architecting and coding FPGA designs in a hardware description language and embedded software for System-on-Chip devices;
- System engineering of communication subsystems using SDR and DSP techniques;
- Producing design documents; and
- Validating and analysing designs for errors and efficiency.
- Development of digital radio transmitters and receivers in Software Defined Radio architectures;
- Embedded hardware design skills to support the above, including the use of COTS SDR devices;
- Application of DSP techniques in SDR-based communication systems;
- Proficiency with VHDL and Tcl scripting language;
- Experience with Verilog and SystemVerilog is beneficial;
- Proficiency with a complete design and simulator environment such as Vivado, Libero, ModelSim;
- Ability to transition between hardware languages and abstraction layers on an as-needed basis and demonstrate excellence throughout;
- Must be a confident C programmer with experience in developing embedded systems;
- Comfortable developing tools in Python to assist with the testing and deployment of embedded systems;
- Working with other developers using modern version control systems such as Git;
- The FPGA Software Defined Radio Engineer position requires excellent communication skills as FPGA engineers interact with team members in different engineering disciplines; and
- Work independently or as part of a team, demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and be collaborative in your approach to solving problems.
- 4+ years in FPGA design, including experience in the full FPGA design life cycle, Vivado design tool flow, and FPGA design for network applications;
- Software Defined Radio experience;
- Familiarity with high-speed serial interfaces like LVDS, JESD204B;
- Familiarity with Secure IP and experience evaluating vendor IP cores; and
- Candidates should be educated to at least a bachelor’s degree standard in a relevant field.
As part of its recruitment process, AAC Clyde Space will collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. Furthermore, AAC Clyde Space is committed to transparent data collection and its use. Kindly click here to see AAC’s job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, after AAC makes an employment offer, AAC Clyde Space will be required to verify the applicant’s eligibility to work in South Africa. In addition, AAC Clyde Space is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Kindly note that AAC Clyde Space would only send correspondence to shortlisted candidates. As such, applicants who did not receive any correspondence two weeks after the closing date should note that his/her application is unsuccessful.
For more information about this opportunity and how to apply, kindly check here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.