The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is recruiting a Programme Coordinator on a permanent basis in Johannesburg, Gauteng. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to coordinate the co-management activities undertaken by the Astronomy Management Authority (AMA) and the South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) to implement regulations for the protection of declared Astronomy Advantage Areas and coordinate projects with the department of Spectrum and Telecommunications, amongst other things.
- Effectively coordinate project implementation schedules and resource plan;
- Effectively define team roles and responsibilities;
- Execute project work according to the approved SARAO project management process;
- Execute project work concerning the Alternative Communications Systems, Spectrum Management Systems, Spectrum Monitoring Systems, and the Regulations for the protection of Karoo Astronomy Advantage Areas.
- Develop business plans and user requirement documents;
- Manage project work and deliverables;
- Manage risks and implement risk response activities;
- Manage contractors with assistance from Senior Managers;
- Monitor project progress according to the SARAO project management process;
- Analyse and monitor project baselines;
- Manage stakeholder engagements;
- Monitor and control project risks; and
- Design project closure report.
- Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline;
- 3+ years in a Project Coordination role; and
- Qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with project planning tools (Primavera, MS Project); and
- Experience in coordinating and implementing projects in accordance to project management processes.
- Project management principles;
- Public finance procurement processes;
- Interpersonal and client relations management skills; and
- Clerical function and configuration management;
The applicant should have the following abilities:
- Good oral and communication skills;
- Good analytical and planning skills;
- Efficiency under pressure and willingness to work outside regular hours if required;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Efficiency in a high-pressure environment;
- Willingness to work outside regular hours;
- Capability to deal with uncertain environments and be proactive;
- Problem-solving skills; and
- Willingness to travel within South Africa and Internationally.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV here before 30 December 2022. Furthermore, applicants should include a letter of motivation indicating their suitability for the position in their applications. In addition, the applicants must provide at least three referees’ names and contact details.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will align with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.