The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is hiring an Electrician on a permanent contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing all electrical installations and equipment and performing new installations or modifications to existing ones.
- Inspect all LV and MV installations throughout the site;
- Perform scheduled and emergency Maintenance on LV installations;
- Perform new installation according to specifications;
- Perform modifications according to specifications on existing installations;
- Record keeping of equipment failures, Inspections, available spares and service records;
- Maintain and repair electrical systems on-site; and
- Electrical Inventory maintenance and management.
- Qualified Electrician – Trade Test;
- Valid motor vehicle license; and
- Computer literate.
- Three (3) years of experience in LV Electrical Systems and Equipment
- Domestic LV Installations and systems;
- Good understanding and interpretation of electrical drawings;
- Good understating of the operating and maintaining of standby generators;
- Ability to maintain and install electrical motors; and
- Good knowledge of LV Switches and procedures.
- Good Communications skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to work under tight schedules;
- Willingness to learn;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good working knowledge of hand and power tools; and
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organised.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV here and apply before 20 June 2023. Furthermore, applicants should include a letter of motivation indicating their suitability for the position in their applications. In addition, the applicants must provide at least three referees’ names and contact details.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will align with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
Visit here for more information regarding the job opening.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.