The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory is looking to hire a Web developer & social media Specialist. The contract will last five years, and the opportunity is at Cape Town, Western Cape. The successful candidate will develop and maintain customised websites for the organisation and manage SARAO’s social media platforms. The candidate will also contribute towards developing SARAO’s online communication strategy.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of SARAO’s online communication strategy;
- Develop and manage SARAO’s online communication and social media platforms, ensuring up-to-date content, optimal functionality and user experience on all new and existing platforms. This includes design, coding, quality assurance, documentation, update and implementation of all software, including security and patches, as may be appropriate and relevant;
- Manage SARAO’s social media platforms, ensuring up-to-date content at all times;
- Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation of user experience on relevant online communication platforms; and
- Work together with relevant internal stakeholders to profile SARAO’s scientific and technical achievements in an accessible and understandable manner.
BSc (or BSc equivalent) Computer Science, IT or related field
- Five years documented experience as a web developer with at least two years at a middle or intermediate level;
- Web design and development; and
- Social media management.
Experience in the following is also advantageous:
- Science communications; and
- Working with scientific visual data.
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer Relationship Management
- Current online communications strategy
- A keen eye for detail and the affinity to work in a dynamic environment;
- Self-starter who demonstrates a strong initiative, sense of urgency, and intellectual curiosity;
- Ability to think critically, to evaluate, and solve complex technical details;
- Stay current with technology, industry trends, and shares knowledge with the team;
- Must be able to work with other functional experts; and
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks.
Applicants can apply by submitting a comprehensive CV by logging in here. Furthermore, a letter of motivation indicating the applicant’s suitability for the position should accompany the submission. The application should also include at least three referees’ names and contact details.
You can visit here for more information on the position.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.