The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory is looking to hire an IT Desktop Support Technician. The successful candidate will join the business IT team responsible for the continuous operations of SARAO’s business IT systems and services, including audio, visual, telephony, business operating systems applications and backup, as well as data recovery services.
- Implementation of efficient SARAO helpdesk functions;
- Software installation and updates;
- Integrated IT services and availability;
- Security and protection;
- Responding, managing and resolving helpdesk tickets; and
- Receiving, commissioning, repairing and distributing used and new IT assets.
- National Diploma IT, NQF 6, or equivalent qualification;
- Valid CompTIA A+ certification; and
- Valid CompTIA Network+ certification.
- Five (5) years experience in an ICT service team or an IT environment providing desktop support
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system;
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and Apple MAC IOS;
- ITIL framework foundation;
- TCP/IP networking;
- Experience with video conferencing and telephony systems;
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices;
- Ability to contribute positively to a team;
- Must possess good problem-solving skills;
- Must be highly motivated and committed
- Good Communicator
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
Applicants can apply by submitting a comprehensive CV by logging in here before February 4, 2022. In addition, SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. To this end, preference will be given to candidates following the Agency’s Employment Equity Plan.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.