TThe South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is hiring a Talent Management Consultant. The successful candidate will be working from Cape Town on a contract basis. The application closes on 04 October 2021.
About the position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing talent management practices and processes within SARAO. Furthermore, they will provide guidance and support relating to general talent management best practices to SARAO HR and functional management. In addition, they will be in charge of researching and developing organisation design methodologies and frameworks and leading transformational organisational design initiatives across SARAO.
- Develop talent management framework in partnership with the Head HR, EXCO and line management to execute talent programs and initiatives that support SARAO strategic objectives;
- Develop SARAO OD methodologies that drive organisational effectiveness and support with diagnostics and talent management solutions by applying organisation design principles;
- Partner with the HR Team to drive talent management strategies, tools and processes to meet current and future talent needs;
- Develop an organisation design methodology for SARAO which is to be used for transformational initiatives across the organisation;
- Establish, evaluate and maintain leadership and technical competency models that facilitate the assessment of employees against these competencies;
- Support the organisation in areas of organisational redesign, team development and change management.
- Creation and oversight of talent, career development and performance management programs;
- Manage SARAO Graduate Development Programme;
- Drive succession planning across SARAO; and
- Lead SARAO job evaluation process, apply a consistent application of job evaluation system and identify benchmark jobs.
Applicants should have:
- Honours Degree in Industrial/Organisational Psychology or Human Resources;
- Five years of experience in organisational development and talent management;
- Knowledge of talent development strategies, graduate management and career management; and
- An understanding of organisational development, change management.
As a business unit of the NRF, SARAO is committed to employment equity and redress.
About the Employer
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa’s activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, commonly known as the SKA, in engineering, science and construction. SARAO is a national facility managed by the National Research Foundation. Additionally, it incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries and the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.