The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is recruiting unemployed science, engineering and technology graduates to volunteer at the SANSA Science Centre in Hermanus for their Department of Science and Innovation National Youth Service Programme (DSI-NYSP). Volunteers will work for a year at the Hermanus campus.
Furthermore, there are two positions available for individuals between the ages of 18 and 36. The employment contract is for a year, from 1 December 2021 to 30 November 2022. In addition, volunteers will be paid stipends according to their qualifications. Furthermore, the stipends will range from approximately R4500 for National Diploma NQF Level 6 to R7700 for PhD NQF Level 10.
Thus, volunteers will carry out the following:
- Assist with School Science Support programmes and science outreach activities;
- Contribute to the development of science education materials;
- Organise and facilitate science and technology awareness events; and
- Travel for outreach work.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking South African citizens;
- Degree with the following specialisation/disciplines: Mathematical Sciences; Computer Science; Science Education; Physics; Mathematics; Space Science; and
- Good communication skills
Please note that all travel to Hermanus and relocation costs will be at the candidates’ own expense. Interested youth who meet the requirements should apply here.
Application closing date is 28 October 2021
Subsequently, SANSA will only communicate with short-listed candidates. Therefore, applicants must assume that their applications were unsuccessful if they have not heard from SANSA within four weeks of the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.