The South African National Space Agency (SANSA), as a public entity, is focused on advancing the promotion and use of space, and ensuring cooperation in space-related activities.
In order to achieve these, the agency encourages space science and technology, incubates space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of a tech-friendly environment for industrial development of space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More details about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
With respect to its core aims, SANSA runs an Internship Programme, which provides an opportunity for unemployed graduates and postgraduates to acquire practical work experience through mentoring, coaching and exposure to a research environment.
This year’s internship programme is a one-year contract appointment, in SANSA’s Space Science Directorate situated in Hermanus, Western Cape.
Start date of Internship between 1 October and 1 November 2019.
The Internship opportunity is open to enthusiastic, hardworking South African citizens in the following area:
Duties (not limited to this):
- Provide desktop support to users Installation/upgrade of computers.
- Maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Assist with network cabling and server cabinet wiring.
- Inventory of ICT storerooms.
- Basic network administration on Microsoft Windows and Linux-based servers.
- Documenting of network services and infrastructure.
- Opportunity for development of additional programming skills.
National Diploma / Degree in Information Systems.
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPOINTMENT OF INTERN
The minimum requirements for placement of intern candidates are as follows:
- Should be 35 years of age or younger at the time of submitting an application;
- Be a South African citizen or South African Permanent Resident (with a valid South African Identity Document).
- Willing to live in Hermanus, Western Cape, for the entire duration of their internship.
Interns will be paid a differentiated monthly salary according to their level of qualification as follows:
- R5 400 for a Diploma at NQF level 6 needing practical training to obtain full qualification,
- R 6 070 for a Bachelors/Advanced Diploma at NQF level 7 graduate;
- R 6 750 for an Honours’ /Post Graduate Diploma/BTech at NQF level 8 graduate; and
- R 8 050 for a Masters/ MTech at NQF level 9 graduate.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances; qualification, and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity, and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 20 September 2019.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.