The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is recruiting a portfolio management executive for a five years fixed-term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the planning, design, development, acquisition, integration, testing and commissioning of infrastructure and business systems projects that provide new capabilities, products and services that will support the commercialisation and public service mandate of SANSA that in turn contribute to its, organisational and financial success.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for building cost-effective capabilities regarding their full life cycle, including decommissioning of capabilities.
- Participate in developing and delivering on the strategic direction of SANSA;
- Identify, manage and build internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Guide and manage the development of Portfolio Management operational plans;
- Set and keep up to date Portfolio Management standards for the organisation and ensure appropriate capabilities to implement such portfolio management;
- Contribute to the development and keeping up to date a SANSA strategic procurement approach and policy;
- Manage departmental risks and compliance;
- Develop and manage the departmental budget; and
- Lead the organisational culture implementation by ensuring that SANSA employee value proposition is achieved, employees are accountable, and performance-driven at all times
Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- At least an NQF 9 qualification in a relevant engineering domain is required;
- A relevant project management qualification is required;
- Have a proven track record of leadership, management and change management gained at a senior management level with the proven ability to manage large teams of highly motivated employees;
- Have at least a minimum of 10 years of senior/executive level management experience in the public and/or private sector;
- Have at least a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing complex, technical projects in the engineering or similar environment;
- Experience in and an understanding of the space science and technology industry, and appropriate national and international recognition among peers in the space and relevant industry is preferred; and
- Experience managing public sector budgets is preferred.
Applicants are to note that background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment, and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process. In addition, SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities.
Applications will close on 12 October 2022; if you meet the above requirements and are interested, kindly send your detailed CV and cover letter here. Only shortlisted candidates will receive feedback. Furthermore, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not receive feedback four weeks after the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.