The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has a vacancy for a Temporary Finance Manager for three months. The successful applicant will report to the Acting Chief Financial Officer. The position will be based at the SANSA Hermanus in the Western Cape and requires the incumbent to be based in Hermanus.
The incumbent will execute and oversee all financial matters for SANSA Hermanus and provide appropriate business assistance as required. This will include duties as follow:
- Provide oversight and management guidance to the Finance team;
- Work closely with the Acting CFO to ensure financial compliance at all levels for the Hermanus Facility;
- Execute and oversee all financial matters for the Hermanus Facility;
- Prepare Management Accounts and other financial reporting to enable effective decision making; and
- Manage internal audits, mid-term budget and planning cycle.
- Accountant with management skills;
- A degree in Accountancy with 15 – 20 years experience in financial accounting;
- Clean accounting record and credit check record;
- At least five years of people management experience;
- Ability to utilise SAGE X3, ABSA online banking systems, and MS Teams;
- Energetic, caring, confident with high standards;
- Must be a team player;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Advance skills in MS Office, especially Excel;
- Analytical skills to analyse business documents;
- Report writing skills; and
- Excellent communication skills.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities and other under-represented designated groups. Candidates will receive preference under this.
Applications will close on 13 June 2022; send your detailed CV and Cover letter (indicating Temporary Finance Manager in the subject line) if you’re interested and meet the requirements. SANSA will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Furthermore, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not receive feedback four weeks after the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.