The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is looking to hire a business development manager for its Earth Observation Programme on a permanent contract. The opportunity is open to individuals with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, and qualifications to join the Earth Observation team in Pretoria, Gauteng.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement business growth strategies and goals;
- Planning and overseeing marketing initiatives;
- Development of business cases and proposals for products and service offerings;
- Market research – finding and developing new markets and improving sales;
- Research organisations and individuals for new opportunities;
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones;
- Stakeholder and Partnership Management;
- Finance Management; and
- People Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Honours degree (in business, marketing, or related field);
- A degree in a science or engineering-related field is added advantage;
- Extensive experience (>10 years) in earth observation or space applications field from both private and public sectors;
- At least 10 years in a senior Business Development, Marketing or Sales role; and
- 5 years of experience managing a diverse team.
Interested persons may apply by registering their detailed CV and cover letter through this link. Applications will close on 13 September 2022.
Applicants are to note that background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment, and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
Additionally, SANSA subscribes to the principles of employment equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this. Nevertheless, the agency reserves the right to not make an appointment. SANSA will only communicate with short-listed candidates. As a result, applicants may assume their application was unsuccessful if they do not hear from SANSA within four weeks of the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.