The Research Institute for Innovation and Sustainability (RIIS) is recruiting an intern to support in executing administrative and research related tasks necessary for delivering a pan-African space economy programme. The intern will assist in conducting research and analysing relevant data of the space economy in the continent and globally, in addition to coordinating activities with various ecosystem players.
RIIS assists their clients with the heavy lifting when it comes to thinking about the future. That means that interested applicants are to be able to collect, analyse, and interpret disparate data and information. You can generate valuable insights communicate these
clearly, work effectively within a team, handle moments of pressure, and always operate with the highest degree of integrity.
The internship will run from April 2022 till August 2022, and the exact start and end date will be confirmed upon recruitment. The programme is Space and Economic Development.
Work arrangements. Furthermore, the intern can be based in South Africa, with access to offices in Rosebank, or fully remote arrangements can be made (preferably in SAST or a similar time zone)
Ideal skills and qualifications
- Experience and familiarity around space policy, security and governance
- Undergraduate qualification in any of the following: aerospace and mechanical engineering, applied sciences, financial management, financial analysis, statistics, data science, social sciences
- Team player, adaptable to change, and can deliver within tight deadlines
- Willing to learn new things quickly and contribute meaningfully to a team
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational skills
- Preferably bilingual in English and French
The successful applicant will work with a team in making sense of complex problems and communicate them to the client. In addition, the successful applicant will
- Support the consulting team on data analysis, consolidation and presentation
of large sets of information for the space sector;
- Join regular project meetings to define tasks and responsibilities for each day,
week and month;
- Design research approaches, collect data, and analyse information to produce insights and advice;
- Facilitate workshops, meetings and interactions with clients and stakeholders to create change;
- Have fun, be intellectually challenged, and create meaningful change
- Opportunity to demonstrate your awesomeness, be part of dynamic teams and provide value to our clients;
- Opportunities for mentorship;
- Stipend paid for the duration of the internship;
- The internship may span three months or longer depending on the individual’s capability and fit with the organisation
To apply, submit your CV and a cover letter with your current place of residence and availability by Friday, 25 March 2022, 16h00 SAST to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com). The subject line should be “Application to internship 2022”.
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your enquiries.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.