Astronomy education has become a major topic for the International Astronomical Union goals. Scientific results from this field have great potential to enhance the teaching and learning of Astronomy for learners of many ages.
Taking into account two of the Goals of the IAU-Strategic Plan for 2020-2030 :
- The IAU leads the worldwide coordination of astronomy and the fostering of communication and dissemination of astronomical knowledge among professional astronomers.
- The IAU stimulates the use of astronomy for teaching and education at the school level.
On this note, the IAU will be hosting the IAUS 367 Education and Heritage in the Era of
Big Data in Astronomy. This symposium is to define the global vision of Education and Heritage in the frame of the goals of the IAU and touch on subjects related to the meta-analysis of astronomy education research, literacy in astronomy, innovations in education methodologies, big data in astronomy education, and inclusive education among other topics.
The symposium will be held in San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina from 9-14
December 2020. Registration and abstract submission are currently open and will close on 31 July 2020. Travel grants are available.
– Open Registration + Abstract Submission: August 31, 2019
– Open IAU Grants Application: January 15, 2020
– End or Early-Registration / Registration: January 15 – 23.59 UTC, 2020
– Visa Application Support Opens: July 15, 2020
– End IAU Grants Application: July 31 – 23.59 UTC, 2020
– Abstract Deadline Submission: July 31 – 23.59 UTC, 2020
– Registration Deadline: July 31 – 23.59 UTC, 2020
– Grants are awarded: until September 15, 2020
– Abstract Results: until September 15, 2020
– Visa Application Support Closes: September 30 – 23:59 UTC, 2020
– Final Program Published: November 10, 2020
– Symposium: December 9-14, 2020
– Total Solar Eclipse: December 14, 2020
– Proceeding Deadline Submission: February 15, 2021
Click here to apply and get further information.