This webinar series will build on the knowledge and skills previously developed in the ARSET (Applied remote Sensing Training) SAR (synthetic aperture radar) training session. Presentations and demonstrations will focus on agriculture and flood applications.
Participants will learn to characterise floods with Google Earth Engine. They will also learn to analyse synthetic aperture radar (SAR) for agricultural applications, including retrieving soil moisture and identifying crop types.
- Target 13.1: Strength resilience & adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries.
- SDG 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- analyse SAR data in Google Earth Engine;
- generate soil moisture analyses; and
- identify different types of crops.