Leanspace, in partnership with Clearspace, the International Space University (ISU) and the International Astronomical Federation (IAF), is organising a space hackathon at the Space Tech Expo in Bremen, Germany.
Who can participate?
Do you like space? Can you write in any computer language? Are you free between the 15th and 17th of November, 2021?
- You are an ideal candidate if the answer to these three questions is yes. In addition, this hackathon has no age restrictions, and even though participants with a background in space engineering are encouraged, it is not a requirement.
- Also, only ten teams would be selected to maintain a highly competitive event, with three-four participants per team.
Furthermore, places are limited and in high demand, and preference will be given to applicants that fulfil the following criteria:
- You can travel to Bremen for those three days (BIG advantage);
- You upload your CVs in the application; and
- You know how space mission operations work – or ideas on how it should work.
The task is to compete against ten other teams to develop a ground control application for managing one of the most ambitious missions of the decade. From testing and monitoring to procedure automation and debris capture, the participants will use the Leanspace cloud platform to solve real-world issues facing Clearspace-1, the world’s first orbital debris removal satellite. Furthermore, the participants will be tasked with harnessing Leanspace’s cutting-edge technology, developing and delivering space applications like never before.
- Exclusive trip to see Clearspace-1
Win a trip to get up close and personal with the Clearspace-1 satellite at the Clearspace integration facilities. This also provides an exclusive opportunity to see a flagship European Space Agency (ESA) mission – and a truly unique satellite – during a critical stage of the assembly, integration and testing.
- VIP tickets to the IAC 2022 in Paris
Win an invitation to the most important event in the space industry: the International Astronautical Congres (IAC) in Paris. In addition to free tickets to attend the IAC, there will also be a VIP networking event specially curated for the winner.
- International Space University Scholarships
Win up to EUR 64,000 of scholarships to attend a program at the most renowned space university in the world: the International Space University (ISU). This scholarship will fast-track the winner’s career to become the future leaders of the world space community.
Prizes For All Participants
- Internship at a NewSpace leading company
Win the opportunity to intern at two of the most fascinating space startups in Europe; start careers in space, and shape sustainability beyond Earth together with Leanspace and Clearspace.
- EUR 500 travel subsidy to join the event in Germany
So that participants can attend the Space Tech Expo in Bremen, Germany, the organisers are offering up to EUE 500 towards travel and accommodation for each participating team. In addition, the participants will have the opportunity to meet up with fellow hackathon teams, network at the Expo and party with the Leanspace and Clearspace teams after the prize giving.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.