The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is recruiting a geo-spatial data officer–GS5 to its facility in Kenya. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Manager, Geospatial Data & Technologies, and will be responsible for the acquisition, documentation, dissemination, and preservation of geospatial data for internal and external users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the necessary Geoscience data management analysis and support: data loading, quality control, transfer, manipulating, archiving, restoring etc.
- Manipulate and manage a variety of geospatial datasets, ensure its completeness and correctness and use spatial database models to facilitate Geo-Information Management;
- Operate the Data Dissemination System;
- Clean, catalogue and archive data received through Data Dissemination System;
- Manage geonetcast and data dissemination system receiving stations;
- Manage and maintain (reference) exploration databases;
- Update and maintain the data portals of the Centre;
- Perform data quality check and standard of data;
- Implement and follow organization standards, best practices and workflows to ensure quality, confidentiality, security and integrity of data.
- Data catalogue and preparation;
- Data dissemination to internal and external users; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, Remote Sensing, GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Data Science, Geoinformatics or a related field;
- Three (3) years of work experience in Geo-Information Applications
Qualifications relevant to geo-Information
Salary Scale: The salary for the above position is consolidated and is in the range of:
GS5: Ksh. 713,807 by Ksh. 35,315 to ksh 1,031,648 p.a. Entry point for the position will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Benefits: These include, housing allowance, transport allowance, contributory provident fund with both parties contributing 7% of monthly basic salary towards the fund, 10% gratuity of annual basic salary based on successful completion of the contract and a staff contributory group medical scheme to a maximum of five (5) family members.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications, via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8 July 2022. The applications, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as copies of relevant certificates and testimonials should be addressed to:
Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development,
P.O Box 632, 00618,
The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from suitably qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged. In addition, RCMRD does not charge any fees during the recruitment process.
You can get more information regarding the opening here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.