The PanAfrican Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN) invites applications from African nationals for scholarships in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space and Planetary Science, Planetary Geology, and Remote Sensing. The PAPSSN scholarships are jointly administered by five African partner institutions, where selected students and staff will engage in postgraduate studies, research, teaching or training. The 1ST PAPSSN Call offers seven PhD (six full degree-seeking and one 12 months credit-seeking), six Masters (six months credit-seeking visit) and five Staff short-term visit scholarships.
The over-arching objective of the PAPSSN is to promote the education of young scientists who will meet the requirements of the large Planetary and Space Science projects expected to remain active for the next 20 years. The project will integrate skilled human capital into the growing Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Planetary & Space Science labour market, creating skilled workers and STEM entrepreneurs.
The PAPSSN scholarship includes a return air ticket and visa costs, participation costs such as tuition fees, registration and service fees, insurance (health, accident, travel), settling-in allowance, monthly stipends and a contribution towards the research costs associated with student mobility of 10 months or longer. The PAPSSN consortium is committed to offering 50% of its scholarships to women and candidates from disadvantaged or marginalised groups.
- Botswana International University of Science and Technology, Botswana;
- Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia;
- Copperbelt University, Zambia ;
- University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nigeria;
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa;
- Università di Bologna, Italy;
- South African Radio Astronomy Organization (SARAO) – Ass. Partner;
- Ethiopian Space Science and Technology Institute (ESSTI) – Ass. Partner;
- National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) – Ass. Partner; and
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) – Ass. Partner.
- Eligible candidates for the scholarship available in this first call of PAPSSN are all African nationals and residents, registered or having obtained a degree in one of the Higher Education Institutions that is a member of the PAPSSN consortium.
- Previous and current recipients of intra-ACP or intra-Africa scholarships are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
DEADLINE: 3rd July 2021
Official Website:- https://www.papssnmobility.org
Application Portal:- https://scholarship.papssnmobility.org
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.