The National Research Foundation/the South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRF/SARAO) is looking for a Level 1 Project Manager. Upon employment, the successful candidate will provide project management support to SARAO departments. This will consequently be by initiating, planning, executing (control and monitor), and closing projects following the SARAO project management processes.
- Provide project management support to SARAO departments;
- Initiate the project by developing all necessary documentation;
- Successfully plan for the project;
- Execute project work as per the project plan;
- Manage project work and deliverables;
- Manage project communications and stakeholder engagement;
- Conduct procurement;
- Perform quality assurance;
- Manage risks and implement risk response activities;
- Manage contractors;
- Control and Monitor project progress;
- Analyse and monitor project baseline;
- Control communications and stakeholder engagement, project quality, project risks and procurement; and
- Facilitate the project close-out process until the project is handed over to the project owner
- BTech Eng/BSc Eng
- Certification in project management (PMP/Prince II) or project management qualification
- 5+ years in a project management role
- Knowledge and experience of project management principles/standards;
- Likewise, knowledge and experience of managing significant large-scale projects;
- Experience in science/engineering projects;
- Fair knowledge of systems engineering process;
- Strong decision-making and excellent communication skills;
- Good analytical and planning skills;
- Efficiency under pressure and willingness to work outside regular hours if required; and
- Demonstrate initiative and lateral thinking to solve problems and drive decision making.
The NRF’s website provides more details on the NRF initiatives and activities.
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV and apply online here. A letter of motivation should accompany the applications; thus, the letter of motivation shall indicate the applicant’s suitability for the position. In addition, applicants should provide the names and contact details of no less than three referees. The NRF offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package which is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Likewise, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress. The appointment to the position will be in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan.
The NRF also reserves the right not to make an appointment. Thus, only short-listed candidates will receive correspondence. As a business unit of the NRF, SARAO is committed to employment equity and redress. SARAO reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.