The Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) is looking for motivated and committed volunteers to bring their expertise and knowledge to the organisation of the 3rd edition of the African Space Generation Workshop (AF-SGW) which will take place in November 2019, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The two-day regional workshop will bring together students, young professionals and industry representatives to engage and nurture the next generation’s perspective on space and scientific matters in the African region. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with experts from academia, businesses and space agencies through plenary and panel sessions, keynotes and working group discussions.
For the planning of this international event, SGAC is looking for qualified and young space enthusiasts to join the organizing team. The following roles are available:
- Program Team (2 positions)
- Communications Team (2 positions)
- Delegate Team (2 positions)
- Logistics Team (3 positions)
- Local Organising Committee (LoC) (6 Position)
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 35 years of age.
Interest in space and science sector.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work.
- Good English skills with a keen eye for details.
- Good teamwork skills and a high degree of self-organization.
- Cross-cultural and communication awareness: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop highly desirable leadership skills.
- Opportunity to work with SGAC’s global sponsors and international space partners.
- Direct contact with the SGAC Executive Office and Advisory Board.
- Invitation to attend the UNCOPUOS Meetings in Vienna.
- Nomination and increased chances of winning the SGAC Young Leaders Award and other
- SGAC sponsored scholarship opportunities.
- Opportunity to receive discounts to attend SGAC events as SGAC team member.
- Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to enhance their management and teamwork skills through working with an international, interdisciplinary, and intercultural team.
Visit SGAC website to learn more about the available roles and how to apply.