NewSpace Systems, a product development and manufacturing aerospace engineering company in Somerset West has a permanent position for a product engineer to take responsibility for the industrialization, support, customization and improvement of standard products and processes.
• B.Sc in Mechatronics Engineering (or similar) from a recognized institution
Experience (ideally within aerospace or defence industry):
• At least 5 years’ relevant work experience.
• High-reliability electronic product support, realization and environmental testing (>3 years)
• Embedded hardware design, development & implementation. (>3 years) ( Altium Designer)
• Working knowledge of analogue electronics.
• Embedded software development, integration, and testing. (>3 years) (C, C++)
• Working knowledge of python.
• Mechanical design (Solid Works)
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
• Optical/Optomechanical system design
• Labview-based test facility design, programming, and realization (>3years)
• FPGA development (VHDL based) (>3 years)
• Thermal and structural analysis
• Experience with the ECSS product development and environmental testing standard
Engineering Support of Standard Products
• Responsible for engineering support to the Production team (including logistics and testing) on Standard Products.
• Responsible for completion and updating of Technical documentation on Standard Products.
• Responsible for the investigation and resolution of product deviations during the production process and client feedback.
• Responsible for the review and approval of test results on standard products.
• Responsible for a timeous and effective response to client technical queries under the guidance of the Product Manager.
• Responsible for organizing and executing testing at offsite test facilities, where required.
• Support the Business Development/Sales team with regards to technical queries on standard products.
• Perform continuous improvement in terms of standardization, technologies, architecture, best practices, etc. under the guidance of the Product Manager.
For further inquiry, visit NewSpace Systems or contact Laurraine at LM@newspacesystems.com
NewSpace Systems is committed to Employment Equity, therefore, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.