The training format includes lectures, presentations, exercises and technical visits. The programme will address the following topics:
• Earth Observation data processing to develop applications and remote sensing possibilities for exploration; environmental challenges using remote sensing; remote sensing as a tool to shape the future
• Space Science activities and programs, Open-source software for space-borne image and scientific processing; use of scientific tools from the Italian “Open Universe” Initiative;
• key contemporary issues in space international environment: space governances, space policies, and international space law.This training course aims at achieving the potential of Earth observation, remote sensing, space sciences as tools for providing fundamental applications and services and space policy. Admission requirements
Candidates who would like to participate in the training must comply with the following criteria at the time of the application:
• age of candidates should not exceed thirty (30) years
• be a citizen and resident of an African country
• have a good command of the English language
• have at least a Bachelor’s degree and
• be able to use the experience gained in the study of the following fields: Physics, Mathematics, Engineering and aerospace disciplines.
The training upholds and considers Gender equality and women’s participation.
Within the limited financial resources available, up to 10 selected participants will be offered financial support to attend the training course. This financial support will defray the cost of travel (a round trip ticket – most economic fare – between the airport of international departure in their home country and Malindi, plus transportation to/from Malindi and Malindi/BSC), and full board expenses during the duration of the training course.
The course is hosted by the ASI Broglio Space Center (BSC) – Malindi, Kenya, 9 -13 December 2019.
Deadline for Submission of Applications:
20 October 2019. Deadline extended till 27th October 2019.
For more information on how to apply, click here.