Each year the International Astronautical Federation (IAF) – with the support of its partners the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA), the International Institute of Space Law (IISL) and the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) – organizes the International Astronautical Congress (IAC).
The IAC is held in different countries of the world with an IAF member organization serving as its host. In recent years, the event attracted between 4,500 and 6,500 participants including up to 3,000 full paying participants, retired participants and press representatives as well as more than 1,500 students and young professionals. The IAF is seeking proposals from IAF member organizations interested in serving as the host of the 75th IAC which will be held in 2024.
Before applying please do consult the Call for Hosting IAC 2024.
Room PlannerIAC 2024 Rooms Table.
The schedule for the selection of the site of the 75th IAC is as follows:
- Announcement of Call for Proposals 06 November 2020
- Deadline for notices of intent to submit proposals 19 February 2021
- Deadline for submission of proposals 30 April 2021
- Selection of finalist candidates (if applicable) June 2021
- Site Inspections July – August 2021
- Deadline for submission of updated proposals from the candidates 17 September 2021
- Finalist presentations: during the 72nd IAC in Dubai, United Arab Emirates 25 – 29 October 2021
- Selection of the Host by the IAF General Assembly 29 October 2021 Note: The IAF may – at its discretion – modify the above schedule and notify the concerned organizations of the schedule changes.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.