Digital Earth Africa is hiring a Programme Administrator for the new Africa-based Programme Management Office (PMO) in Gauteng, Pretoria. The position will be on a short to medium-term contractual basis subject to renewal based on performance and budget availability. The successful candidate will report directly to the Programme Office Manager and be responsible for administrative functions, the implementation and execution of duties in accordance with office policies, and procedures; and scheduling work time and assignments for PMO staff.
- Provide comprehensive and seamless project management support to the Programme;
- Manage schedules, event calendars and communicate relevant to all team members;
- Coordinate with Implementing Partners on project support, project progress, work plan development support, including contract administration with IP’s and Institutional donors.
- Provide Secretariat support, assisting Senior Leadership to develop agendas, collate and circulate papers, prepare and circulate minutes for Strategic and Operational Meetings.
- Draft and maintain meeting minutes; formal minutes, informal next action steps, notes etc according to quality frameworks.
- Maintain programme records according to quality frameworks, including maintaining the document management systems.
- Manage all correspondence including telephone and email enquiries.
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures, track stock of office supplies and equipment and place orders when necessary.
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluations (M&E) Lead in implementing the M&E frameworks, toward effective performance management monitoring and a sustainable impact evaluation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A three-year tertiary qualification in Business Administration or NQF level 6 certificate in project management, with at least three years experience in a project/programme management environment supporting multiple projects;
- A Project Management qualification or equivalent would be advantageous; and
- 3 – 5 years’ secretariat and administrative experience.
Key areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Project management;
- Secretariat and office administration support;
- M&E administration and support;
- Document management;
- Information and communication management; and
- International and local travel arrangements.
How to Apply
Applications will close on 5 July 2022; submit your detailed CV and Cover letter here if you’re interested and meet the requirements. DE Africa will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Consequently, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not get feedback after four weeks.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, DE Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment. DE Africa also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Candidates will receive preference under this.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.