As part of the GMES and Africa Phase 2 Programme, the consortium “Sustainable Management of Wetlands for Strengthening Food Security and Resilience of Ecosystems in West Africa (GDZHIAO)” led by Centre de Suivi Ecologique (CSE) of Dakar and its partners are providing competitive funding for Master’s and PhD research in relevant fields. The aim is to contribute to training and capacity building using Earth observation (EO) data in West Africa.
This scholarship offer is intended for Master’s and PhD students from the ten partner countries of the project – Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal.
- Have basic knowledge of Earth observation and the development of satellite services and products;
- Hold a license, a BSc, or any equivalent diploma (with a good grade) in remote sensing, ecology, zoology, botany, agronomy, environment, geography, hydrology, hydrogeology, climatology, environmental risk management, geoinformatics, programming, artificial intelligence, etc.; and
- Be enrolled in a Master’s or PhD in a university established in the applicant’s country of origin.
NB: Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Launch of the call: January 16, 2023.
- Application deadline: February 17, 2023, at 23:59 UTC.
- Applications, including all relevant documents, must be sent to – firstname.lastname@example.org, with a mandatory indication in the message’s subject: “Application for Master’s and PhD Scholarships – GDZHIAO Project”.
- Copy should be made to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about this scholarship, kindly contact email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.