Chukwuka Cosmas Ezenma-CBSS research grant for African students in space science and astronomy is designed to support bold and visionary African students and researchers who are undertaking a postgraduate program related to space science, technology, and astronomy, in order to develop capacity in space science and technology, Electronics Engineering, Astronomy and Astrophysics, foster international, cultural, scientific and technological cooperation in Africa.
Field of study:
The scholarships are open to applicants in the following fields of studies with application in space science and Astronomy: Environmental Science, Satellite Communication, Remote-Sensing, Atmospheric Sciences, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Instrumentation/Electronics/ICT, Geodesy and Geo-dynamics. Space Applications, Space Science and Technology, Rocketry, Space Science Education, Transport and Propulsion.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- NOT be more than 32 years of age at the time of the grant application.
- be African students with a high academic ability (typically with a good first degree at least second-class honors upper-division or it’s international equivalent).
- be a citizen of one of the 54 African countries.
- be an African enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible post-graduate degree in any African public university or research institute.
- be enrolled in Astronomy, astrophysics, electronics engineering or any space science related course as shown above.
- NOT be a previous beneficiary of the scheme
Applicants must provide the following documents:
For postgraduate grant:
- evidence of postgraduate admission.
- reference letter from the head of department or supervisor written on the University letter headed paper detailing applicant’s research topic, CGPA upon admission, duration of the program, field of specialization/academic program.
The above-required information must be submitted online and sent from the referee’s university official/institutional e-mail (public domain emails are not accepted) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
For conference and workshop applications:
- applicants must upload evidence of acceptance of research paper for a presentation
- reference letter from the applicant’s head of institution written on the institutional letter headed paper and emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. (public domain emails are not accepted).
Click here to apply online.
Deadline: All online applications must be submitted before 31st December 2019
For further inquiries, call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com |firstname.lastname@example.org. 07034976983 | 08030493179 | 08071779645.