The Egyptian Space Agency, in collaboration with the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, has officially declared the commencement of the second incubation cycle for the Egyptian Space Agency Business Incubator, also known as the Space Startup Hub. This initiative falls under the National Programme for Technological Incubators (INTILAC), which operates within the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology framework. The launch of the second incubation cycle presents an opportunity for aspiring space startups to join the programme and receive support, mentorship, and resources to foster their growth and innovation within the space sector.
Furthermore, the Space Startup Hub is dedicated to supporting and empowering entrepreneurs and innovators in transforming their ideas and innovations into viable technological solutions that can be successfully marketed. The primary objective is to facilitate the localisation of space technology within Egypt and contribute to achieving the sustainable development goals outlined in Egypt’s Vision 2030. In addition, the Hub aims to:
The incubator focuses explicitly on ideas and projects in several key areas related to space technology. These areas include satellite development, emphasising software, embedded systems, artificial intelligence (AI), and the Internet of Things (IoT). Additionally, the incubator targets
- Satellite components, subsystems, payloads, and hardware manufacturing.
- Satellite attitude control, encompassing algorithms, software, sensors, and actuators.
- Ground control, receiving stations, and terminal nodes.
- Software testing in various contexts, including desktop applications, embedded systems, and real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Innovative Idea or Prototype: Applicants must possess an innovative idea or prototype within the specified areas relevant to the incubator’s field of work.
- Team Composition: A team comprising 2 to 5 individuals should be present to support the development and implementation of the idea.
- Technological and Applicable Nature: The idea should demonstrate a technological aspect and have practical applications in real-world scenarios.
- Company Establishment Timeframe: If a company exists, it should have been established within the past three years at the time of the announcement.
- Non-Incubation Status: The project idea should not have been previously incubated in other incubators.
- Personal Interview: Applicants are required to successfully pass a personal interview, which evaluates factors such as the seriousness of the applicants, their understanding of the idea, and the team’s capabilities.
- Evaluation by Jury: The project idea needs to undergo evaluation by a jury, and it should meet their selection criteria.
- Completion of Training and Incubation: Successful applicants must complete all stages of the training programme and successfully go through the incubation process within the incubator.
Advantages of Joining the Incubation Programme
- Guidance and Development: The incubation program offers valuable guidance and support to startups or projects, helping them navigate developing their ideas and transforming them into successful ventures.
- Entrepreneurship Basics: Startups benefit from assistance in understanding the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, equipping them with essential knowledge and skills for running a business effectively.
- Cost Savings and Initial Financing: The programme allows startups to save on operating costs by offering initial financing of up to 200 thousand Egyptian pounds. Additionally, startups can access a range of technical, manufacturing, consulting, and administrative services, further reducing their financial burden.
- Logistics Support: Participating startups receive logistical support, including access to well-equipped work offices, reliable communications infrastructure, transportation assistance, and administrative and financial services. These provisions contribute to creating a conducive environment for their operations.
- Comprehensive Training Programmes: The incubation program organises comprehensive training programs focused on various aspects of business, empowering startups with the knowledge and skills required to thrive in the competitive market.
- Networking and Exposure: Startups gain exposure and networking opportunities by participating in exhibitions and conferences involving the Egyptian Space Agency. This allows them to showcase their innovations, connect with industry professionals, and explore potential collaborations.
- Applications will be open from 15 June 2023 till 6 July 2023.
- Interested candidates should apply here.
An inquiry session will be scheduled every Wednesday from 1 pm to 3 pm during the application period. This session is dedicated to addressing any inquiries or questions that applicants may have regarding the incubation program. It allows potential applicants to seek clarification, gather additional information, and receive guidance before submitting their applications. The designated time slot ensures that interested individuals have a specific timeframe to receive prompt and comprehensive responses to their inquiries, aiding them in making informed decisions and enhancing their understanding of the programme’s requirements and benefits.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.