The Zimbabwe National Geospatial and Space Agency(ZINGSA) was established in 2018 with a primary goal of promoting the development, adoption, and application of geospatial and space technologies for the socio-economic development of Zimbabwe.
As part of its human capacity development, ZINGSA is calling for suitably qualified persons to undergo a two and half year postgraduate scholarship training programme in Satellite Engineering at MSc and Ph.D. levels from April 2020 to October 2022.
All applicants must:
- Have preferably a distinction in a Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Mechatronics, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a related science or engineering degree for the MSc and Ph.D. Scholarships respectively.
- Be 35 years or below by April 2020.
- Have an understanding of spacecraft subsystems, satellite communication systems, spacecraft operations, and ground control systems.
- Have the ability and willingness to develop simulation/analysis software as needed to perform design/trade analyses
- Possess in-depth experience in using C#, Python, Java, or other programming/scripting languages to solve engineering problems.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a citizen of Zimbabwe
- Submit detailed Curriculum Vitae with reliable contact telephone numbers, certified copies of Birth Certificates, National identity cards, and Educational certificates
Interested candidates should submit their application letters together with the requested documents to the address below by no later than 2nd of December, 2019 clearly indicating the programme applied for.
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Innovation
Science and Technology Development
New Government Complex
6th Floor, F Block
Cnr Sion Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
PO Box CY 7732
Note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to and should be prepared to accept the terms and conditions of the scholarship.