IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC) intends to award a service contract for individual consultancy of a full stack developer for the contract – transfer of web-mapping technology for disaster risk & automation of data processing and reporting. ICPAC in collaboration with Joint Research Centre (JRC) intends to transfer the open-source web mapping technology for disaster risk monitoring developed by JRC to ICPAC and to optimize the system for drought monitoring for the IGAD region.
The scope of this consultancy is to:
1) Develop a web application to manage, monitor and forecast drought-related information based on JRC’s open-source Web Map server and Integrated Content Management System similar to the one used for the Global Drought Observatory;
2) automate selected workflows of data processing chains and reporting
Deliverables and Remuneration
The remuneration for this contract is based on deliverables over a staggered duration not exceeding one year.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Geo-Informatics, Computer Engineering, IT or other relevant fields,
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in geo-applications design and development.
- Candidates should demonstrate their qualifications and proficiency in web application development and geo-application development (provide links to at least 2 samples of previous work in your application)
Technical Skills and Expertise:
The consultant performing the tasks shall have a minimum cumulative demonstrated experience of:
- at least 1 year in working with PostgreSQL and
- at least 1 year in working with PostGIS and
- at least 1 year in working with PHP and
- at least 1 year in working with PHP in combination with PostgreSQL/ PostGIS (PHP pgsql) and
- at least 1 year in working with OSGeo MapServer or a similar system and
- at least 1 year in working with python and
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email (Hard copies will not be accepted) with subject line ‘‘Application for Geo-Web Application Developer’’. Applications should be received by close of business on 11th December 2020. Include an expression of interest, curriculum vitae, stating relevant achievements and illustrating capacity to undertake the work to the following Address: email@example.com.