The Ph.D. Programme allows students to undertake an individual programme of research development that will enable original research to doctoral level in their chosen field of study. The Programme is designed to challenge students at the highest level of thought and to advance career opportunities through enhancing academic and professional development.
The programme aims to enable students to:
- Develop research skills through a programme of in-depth study, and personal and research development.
- Develop expertise in relevant methods of research and inquiry.
- Produce high-quality research outputs that demonstrate critical judgment and original contribution to knowledge.
- Produce a research thesis (of approximately 80,000 words).
• Academic excellence of the proposed student i.e. 2:1 (or equivalent GPA from non-UK universities [preference for 1st class honors]), or a Masters (preference for Merit or above); or APEL evidence of substantial practitioner achievement.
• Appropriate IELTS score, if required.
• Applicants cannot apply for this funding if currently engaged in Doctoral study at Northumbria or elsewhere.
Start Date: 1 October 2020
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality, and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality.