Reporting to the ICT Manager, the incumbent will provide ICT architecture design support to special projects, as well as general Microsoft systems support for the Space Science Programme and Hermanus Facility. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the ICT systems design for a new Data Centre that is ISO certified and able to deliver SANSA’s products and services to external clients on a 24/7 basis.
This will include but is not limited to the following duties:
- Identify best practice solutions for the design, implementation, and reliability of IT systems needed for 24/7 delivery;
- Design, and subsequently implement, an approved IT plan for the space weather centre project;
- Provide implementation, administration and monitoring support on Microsoft systems;
- Troubleshooting of hardware and software related issues and execution of documented operational and maintenance procedures;
- Recommend technical configurations and operations procedures to continually improve the performance of systems;
- Document all Microsoft system procedures and processes for ISO certification;
- Providing scripting support for the maintenance and monitoring of ICT systems;
- Provide reports on the health of the server infrastructure, including security compliance and capacity management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- National Diploma in Information Technology or Degree in IT or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Core Infrastructure certification is essential
- 5+ years of experience working as a Systems Engineer or IT Engineer or equivalent in a Windows Server-based environment
- CompTIA A+ and/or VMWare certification would be an advantage
- Ability to independently perform system support responsibilities for environment build and maintenance, including change requests outside of business hours
- Expert knowledge and experience of Microsoft servers (including Virtual Servers) and Microsoft operating systems
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure, and Microsoft systems patch management
- Possess an understanding of ITIL Change Management Process
- Ability to design, develop and implement scripts within the Microsoft environment
- Working knowledge of Linux based operating systems would be an advantage
- Ability to document IT processes and procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification, and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
The appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging in here
Deadline: 31 December 2019
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates under this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.